Specializing in Kitchen and Bath Remodeling for the St. Louis Area
Did you know that a kitchen and bath remodeling is one of the best investments you can make in your home? Not only will it add increased functionality and enjoyment for you and your family, but a kitchen or bath remodel will also increase your home’s value.
At Barker & Son – Design/Construction, our designers are dedicated to the success of your home remodeling project, from concept to completion. As a St. Louis home remodeling contractor, we invite you to experience the elegance of our unique, unsurpassed kitchen and bath design expertise.
Planning a Custom Kitchen or Bath Remodel
If you’re thinking about renovating your kitchen or bath, call an experienced remodeling contractor like Barker & Son – Design/Construction. We will take you through all the necessary steps of planning and renovation, leaving you with a custom kitchen or bath remodel you’re sure to love.
Before we begin, here are a few questions you’ll want to answer:
- What is your goal for the renovation project? Why do you want a bath or kitchen remodel?
- Do you have enough space? Or do we need to add on? When planning a kitchen remodel, many people choose to build an additional room onto the home just for the kitchen.
- Is there sufficient plumbing and electrical supply? One of the first things we do before a kitchen or bath remodel is assess the electrical and plumbing system, keeping a lookout for any code violations.
- What’s your budget? Creating a budget will help to narrow down the scope of the project.
Elements of Superior Kitchen and Bath Design
At Barker & Son – Design/Construction, we strive for superior design. Here are some things to take into consideration when designing a new kitchen or bath.
- Kitchen Triangle – The kitchen triangle refers to the distance between the refrigerator, oven, and food preparation area. Many of today’s kitchens incorporate two sinks, two dishwashers, two islands, and two refrigerators – meaning two kitchen triangles. The expert design team at Barker & Son – Design/Construction will help you determine the best design layout for your kitchen remodel.
- Demolition – We’ll need to figure out how to best disassemble the existing kitchen or bath. Demolition should only take a day, but you may have to relocate a few pots and pans.
- Cabinets – At Barker & Son – Design/Construction, our staff includes custom kitchen cabinet makers. They can usually create new cabinets in about 3 to 4 weeks, in half the time than if you ordered cabinets from Home Depot.
- Electric and Plumbing – Before renovation begins, an electrical and plumbing assessment will need to be done. Outdated service or insufficient capacity will need to be remedied as soon as possible.
- Kitchen Island – A kitchen island is often the focal point of the kitchen. Barker & Son – Design/Construction, we specialize in creating unique kitchen islands. With our custom kitchen islands, you’ll see tiered levels, bookcases, drawers, cabinets, pullout trash bins… the amenities and ideas are endless.
- Computer Station – What’s a modern home without a kitchen computer station with Wi-Fi connectivity?
- Countertops – Granite countertops are the best if you can afford them. However, if granite is not in the budget, we offer a wide variety of countertop material in every price point.
- Appliances – From espresso machines to triple ovens, there’s no limit (other than your budget) when it comes to kitchen appliances.
- Flooring – There are many options available when it comes to flooring. Popular choices for bathrooms include tile and vinyl.
- Finishing Touches – Sinks, faucets, and light fixtures add the finishing touch to a complete bath or kitchen remodel. In fact, replacing these fixtures is one of the most important steps to “updating” a kitchen or bath.
The professional design team at Barker & Son – Design/Construction will take into account all these small – but important – details when creating your detailed kitchen or bath remodel plan. Call us today for a free, in-home consultation. You’ll be glad you did.