Let the Sunshine In with a Sunroom from St. Louis’ Design and Construction Experts
A sunroom is an indoor space that lets natural light in while keeping the elements (and the insects) out. Also called four-season rooms, sunrooms are a charming addition to your existing home. As the name says, a four-season room is a room your family will enjoy through all four seasons.
From summer sunsets to winter snowfalls, you can experience the beauty of nature from the comfort of your own home, any time of year with a sunroom from St. Louis’ top design team: Barker & Son – Design/Construction.
Planning for Your Sunroom
The first step in planning your sunroom or solarium is to determine a location that is 1) convenient, 2) functional, and 3) architecturally appealing. Any additions you make to your home will also have to meet certain St. Louis city and county codes. The next step is to choose the sunroom type and style that both meets your needs and fits in with the overall architecture of your house. At Barker & Son – Design/Construction, we offer many sunroom and solarium design options:
- Straight roof sunrooms are the most economical choice, and they attach easily to the side of the house.
- Curved roof sunrooms have the extra architectural flair of a curved glass ceiling.
- Traditional gable roof sunrooms typically have a similar roof style and siding as the rest of the house. This traditional style is more often used in places that receive a great deal of inclement weather.
- A conservatory sunroom is the grandest sunroom of all. With its ornate features and pitched roof, a conservatory sunroom is designed to allow the most natural light into your home.
For Custom-Designed Sunrooms, St. Louis Turns to Barker & Son – Design/Construction
When it comes to sunrooms, four-season rooms, and conservatories, there is an endless amount of design and architectural features to choose from, each having its own texture, style, and price point:
- Materials – Choose from among wood, vinyl, and aluminum framing. Different climates require different materials for performance and maintenance.
- Doors and Windows – When it comes to doors and windows, security and performance are top of mind. But you also want to emphasize style.
- Ceilings – For interior ceilings, we offer traditional wood, high-strength glass, and traditional stick framing.
- Flooring – All of our custom-designed sunrooms can be finished with the same type of flooring that is found throughout the rest of your home. From carpet, to vinyl, to wood, we can do it all.
- Heating and Cooling – The temperature in you sunroom can usually be controlled using your home’s existing HVAC system. However, it is sometimes necessary to install a stand-alone system for your sunroom. Either way, our design experts will help you determine the best solution for your home.
- Electricity – No matter the fan, lighting, and temperature-control options you choose, electric service is usually a necessity. At Barker & Son, we will arrange all the proper electric hook-ups.
- Fireplaces – No one can resist the coziness of a warm hearth. That’s why many designers are now incorporating fireplaces into sunroom and outdoor living space design plans. We have many tasteful fireplace options to choose from.
Barker & Son – The Contractor of Choice for Sunrooms in St. Louis
Barker & Son – Design/Construction is one of the most trusted St. Louis sunroom contractors. We also create some of the most beautiful sunrooms in the Greater St. Louis area. Call us today to schedule your free, in-home consultation. Our knowledgeable design team will sit down with you and answer all of your planning, budgeting, and design questions. We’ll also determine the best place to build your sunroom, help you decide on the architectural design that best fits your needs and personal style, create a budget, and put together a plan for the overall project.
“We really love our new four season room. It’s just like being outdoors in the backyard and not having to put up with the changes in weather. We’re glad we did the project” Charles and Linda P., Valley Park, MO
You can trust that all of our work is fully insured, and that our installation teams are trained and certified in sunroom design and installation. Give us a call today to set up your no-cost, no-obligation in-home consultation. And let the sunshine in with a beautiful sunroom from Barker & Son – Design/Construction.