Swimming Pool Removal – Make Your Backyard Better!
You might be surprised at how many people need to remove an above ground or in-ground pool in the St. Louis area. Swimming pool removal (also called swimming pool fill in) can make your backyard more functional and can save you money in the long-term. Besides, an unused swimming pool can:
- Pose major safety hazards for young kids and pets especially. But even hosting parties for grown-ups around an empty pool can increase your liability and chances for accidents.
- Breed mosquitoes and other insects that will infest your yard and neighbors’ yards.
- Drain your finances. Maintenance costs for a pool add up. If you’re not using it regularly, it may not be worth it for you. And if you have an old pool, repairing the plaster or liner can cost up to $20,000. Swimming pool removal costs less than that!
- Aggravate neighbors. If your pool sits unused and unmaintained, your neighbors may not appreciate the safety hazards and insect breeding ground it leaves. And it can become an eyesore, even bringing down property value in the neighborhood.
Make Your Swimming Pool Removal Easy
You might feel overwhelmed at the thought of removing your pool, but that’s how we can help. Barker & Son Construction has performed swimming pool removal for St. Louis families since 2003. If pool removal or fill in is not done properly, trust us – it will end up costing you in the long run.
That’s why we take specific steps to assure the job is done right. When you hire Barker & Son for Construction for pool fill in, here’s what you can expect.
- The first step in our process is to submit and obtain all the necessary permits and inspections needed to comply with city and county codes. This ensures the job is done right.
- We then punch holes in the bottom of the pool so it won’t retain water and break up all the concrete decking around the pool.
- If it is a pool with a liner, we haul off the liner, all the pool equipment, and any fencing if the customer requests it.
- The pool is filled in with dirt, we finish grade the pool area so water runs off the property the right direction, and we seed and straw the work area.
- The pool area is returned to its natural state and the customer has a flat back yard again.
Remove Your Swimming Pool and Celebrate Your Reborn Backyard!
If you’ve been thinking about removing your swimming pool for safety, functionality or smarter spending, call Barker & Son Construction today to set up a free consultation.
And be on your way to creating a new backyard haven…whether for peaceful stargazing nights or fun neighborhood gatherings!