Swimming Pool Removal – Make Your Backyard Better!
You might be surprised at how many people need to remove an above ground or in-ground pool in the St. Louis area. Swimming pool removal (also called swimming pool fill in) can make your backyard more functional and can save you money in the long-term. Besides, an unused swimming pool can:
- Pose major safety hazards for young kids and pets especially. But even hosting parties for grown-ups around an empty pool can increase your liability and chances for accidents.
- Breed mosquitoes and other insects that will infest your yard and neighbors’ yards.
- Drain your finances. Maintenance costs for a pool add up. If you’re not using it regularly, it may not be worth it for you. And if you have an old pool, repairing the plaster or liner can cost up to $20,000. Swimming pool removal costs less than that!
- Aggravate neighbors. If your pool sits unused and unmaintained, your neighbors may not appreciate the safety hazards and insect breeding ground it leaves. And it can become an eyesore, even bringing down property value in the neighborhood.
Make Your Swimming Pool Removal Easy
You might feel overwhelmed at the thought of removing your pool, but that’s how we can help. Barker & Son Construction has performed swimming pool removal for St. Louis families since 2003. If pool removal or fill in is not done properly, trust us – it will end up costing you in the long run.
That’s why we take specific steps to assure the job is done right. When you hire Barker & Son for Construction for pool fill in, here’s what you can expect.
- Using a breaker, we punch a hole in the bottom of the pool so it will not fill up with water ever again.
- We remove all pool decking, concrete and fences, as needed, along with the pool equipment.
- We fill the pool cavity with “locking” gravel to avoid future settling.
- We will fill the top 12 inches with topsoil so that turf or seed will grow well.
- We add a “finish grade” to your yard so that rain will drain away from your house.
- We seed and straw the yard as an included bonus, or we can put down sod if you prefer.
Remove Your Swimming Pool and Celebrate Your Reborn Backyard!
If you’ve been thinking about removing your swimming pool for safety, functionality or smarter spending, call Barker & Son Construction today to set up a free consultation.
And be on your way to creating a new backyard haven…whether for peaceful stargazing nights or fun neighborhood gatherings!