Pool Removal Demolition Maryland Heights, MO
Old pool was a safety hazard
Our customer wanted to remove an in-ground pool because the pool was not being used anymore, the plastered sides were deteriorating quickly, and the whole thing had become a maintenance nightmare.
In addition to the maintenance issue, the grandmother had began babysitting the grandkids, and since the pool wasn’t being used, it had become a major safety hazard.
Bring in the dirt and rock!
Barker & Son wrote up a proposal to break up the pool and fill it in which included the following steps;
- Pull all permits from the city and county and coordinate with the HOA group.
- Remove all pool equipment (pumps, drains, piping)
- Remove all concrete decking surrounding the pool
- Cut multiple holes in the bottom of the pool so it would drain and not hold water
- Break down the sides and remove the steel and rebar from the side of the pool
- Fill the pool with rock and dirt and then seed and straw the backyard afterwards
After the job was complete the customer had a nice level backyard where she once had an open pit that was ten feet deep. We brought in top soil and gave the yard a nice finish grade so that the water would drain nicely away from the house.
The seed came up nicely and she had a beautiful, plush back yard that is maintenance free, and the grand kids will enjoy for years to come.
Swimming pool removals are one of our specialities at Barker & Son Construction. Very few people in the St. Louis area do it, and nobody does it better than we do.
We achieved the customers goal of removing the pool, all the equipment and turned her backyard into a safe place for her grandkids to play in.